POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are you? : Re: Where are you? Is somebody recording this? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are you? Is somebody recording this?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Feb 1999 18:35:16
Message: <36CDF51D.18A69A46@aol.com>
Oh, I was a bit off in my guess of 0 degrees 0 minutes West longitude,
53 degrees 0 minutes North latitude. Thanks Matthew. Think that
translates to around 95 miles +/- 10.
Now for the *real* reason I'm posting here again.
I've finished a preliminary POV World Map (39K) at:

 http://members.aol.com/inversez/private/lpovwrld.jpg

Tough to get the hemispheres situated well enough for all, and the
"pins" pointing out the locations are as good as I've come up with so
far. I may change the entire look of it later but for now I'll build
upon this one as other coordinates arrive.
I realize maybe a flat map might be more suitable but there's nothing
good about the look of it.
I'm asking then for everyone to please send me any
latitudinal/longitudinal coordinates (guess if you can) with a
SUBJECT:COORDINATES to  inv### [at] aolcom   Although if someone can't
even make a good guess, keep with the nearest large town or city as you
post to this thread. But again, please do email me if you will and I'll
apply these to my later world map images. However, and this is
important, this may all come to an end sooner than later (maybe not
though) so no guarantees on the later images, also I probably will
adhere to more my own ideas as to how to do these for reasons already
realized while making this first one. Keep that in mind as well, you can
always make your own you know... Thanks all.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV